Monday, May 22, 2006

Spring Time Update

Firstly, thank you all for showing your concerns regarding my absents. I received emails wondering if I was pushing up daisies all the way too being abducted by aliens. Although the latter may have been a bit interesting, I am sorry to say that I have just been a bit lazy in my efforts to post something new.

Things are going pretty well for me and the family. Robin is doing well in school and is on her way to becoming a PA. Elle is looking forward to the beach this summer; she will be going into first grade this coming August. James is on the verge of being potty trained but still has some accidents. Apparently, it’s more convenient to crap yourself then to take five minutes away from your busy 3 year old schedule. Here's a classic, we put him in underpants yesterday and at the dinner table he dropped his pants to show everyone that he can pull his ding dong out from the hole in the front, brilliant just brilliant. Amanda is doing well, but is still really behind in certain things. It seems that as she gets older the Down Syndrome along with its challenges becomes more noticeable. It really doesn’t bother me that much, I’m just happy that she’s healthy.

Business is picking up; we just landed a national client that will probably help us attract more national business. Plus we are now looking to expand into the top 10 media markets. As you all can imagine, that is probably where all my energy is lost with nothing left to put into my blog.

We’ve been working on the house too. We just put in hardwood floors, painted the walls and bought new living room furniture. Isn’t it amazing how when you buy something new you are psychotic about keeping it clean, but after the first stain or scratch you just don’t give a damn anymore. Needless to say, it is quite difficult keeping our new furniture showroom clean with 3 little ones, but we are still winning the battle, barely. I just unclogged the gutters around the house. When water starts to spew over your front door there’s a pretty good chance that you have a clog somewhere. I was unaware of the problem until my doorbell rang with my soaking wet mother-in-law giving me that “I can’t believe my daughter married you” look. Actually, we get along very well. When I got up there (on the roof) my gutters actually had vegetation. I think some squirrels planted some nuts in the gutters this past winter and forgot about their bounty. Also, my neighbor who I do get along with decided to cut down his hedges that separate his front lawn with mine. I was a bit thankful because those hedges caught everything that was blown down our street and it all eventually came into my yard, so initially it was a good idea. Now that there is no barrier between my yard and his there is no barrier holding back his SIX kids. It’s as if my yard became the fifty yard line. Just to let you all know, I am very into my lawn, it’s nearly perfect. The kind of perfect where people stop me while I’m working in my yard and ask me if I laid down a new lawn kind of perfect. I WILL BE PLANTING ROSE BUSHES ON MY PROPERTY LINE, BUT I’M HAVING THEM ENGINEERED SO THAT THEY HAVE SIX INCH POISONOUS THORNS THAT WILL TAKE DOWN A HORSE. Ok, maybe not, but it will take some time to get used to them playing in my yard. I really don’t want to be that mean guy who lives next door who “the rumor has it” sits by his window with a shotgun ready to blast anyone who steps foot on to his property.

So that is what’s going on in my life. What’s happening in yours?

6 comments:

Lori said...

Good to hear from you! Glad all is going well. Hey, being 3 is a busy time. Who has time for bathroom breaks?!?!?

Actually, I AM the psycho lady on our block who yells at the kids. They actually traipse from the front yard through to the back yard. Our kitchen has large French doors which open onto our deck. It's a bit startling to look up & see someone in your back yard! No fences here in the rural Midwest. I'm used to L.A. where we all had tall brick walls surrounding our tiny plots of land!

BStrong said...

Yes Yes, brick walls..........Thanks for the idea. Brick or maybe even concrete, yes the plan is developing.

Cheers Lori

Unknown said...

glad to hear you're back and safe!

the only little creatures that run through my backyard are wild little creatures (like the deer we found when returning home last night).

well, that's not really true. there IS a playground directly behind our house (literally, 5 feet from my backdoor). so there are little preschool kids running around there during the day. but that's okay - i like having little kids around!

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I had to laugh at your 3 yr old's fun at the dinner table - it reminds me of my brother doing similar things when he discovered his underwear had a hole!

Anonymous said...

Hello there-it's been awhile...man have you been busy!

Glad to hear all is well at your house-hope to see you back blogging sooner than later :)

Kim Ayres said...

So glad to see you posting again Brian. With such a gap I was beginning to get concerned