Monday, February 06, 2006

Celebration In Pittsburgh

There’s a party in Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL by a score of 21-10. It wasn’t pretty but the Steelers got the job done. The game was full of interceptions, incomplete passes, dropped passes and questionable officiating. The Steelers gave the Seahawks many opportunities to win the game but thankfully the hawks couldn’t capitalize.

After the game the snow covered streets were filled with thousands of inebriated fans holding up their index fingers chanting “We’re #1 – We’re World Champions”. It’s an exciting time for our city; it has been 26 years since our last Super Bowl victory.

Anyway, I’m not sure why I haven’t posted on a regular basis lately. I guess a break is needed so that I can come up with new material. I apologize to my readers not only for my lack of posts but for not visiting your blogs. I will hopefully get back into the swing of things soon. The family is doing well and our lives are uneventful which is a good thing.

Cheers to all

7 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

That'll be that funny game with the odd shaped ball, right?

;)

Unknown said...

Take care man ... sometimes you just need to take a break and recharge the batteries!

And congrats on the super bowl win! Being from Hamilton, I always identify with Steel cities. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats man!

and they even covered the spread...

but gambling is wrong, yes, very very wrong

congrats again, just please don't be one of those people harping on the "one for the thumb" mantra, cuz it's moirderous to all us non thumbers.

aloooooha

BStrong said...

Yes Kim, that game with the odd shaped ball where the players tackle each other and cause bodily harm.

Ash,

Thanks. Pittsburgh just had a parade for our World Champion Steelers. There must have been 100,000 people on the streets. It was very cool. I’ll still post, I just need to clear my head and figure out what the hell is going on with my life.

Joe,

I’m from that “One for the Thumb” era, but I was happy to see the Steelers win one for our young people here so they know how we felt in the 70’s. I only remember the 78, 79, and 95 Super Bowls. I was to young to remember the early 70’s.

Congrats on your soon to be family status. That’s wonderful news and your approach to your daughter’s arrival is wonderful. I’ll chat with you later.

Cheers,
B

BStrong said...

Kim,
We all know that Rugby is a much tougher sport. It's also insane:)

Kim Ayres said...

Am I getting deja-vu or have we had a conversation like this before?

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am awaiting for a post from Kim asking where you have been lately Bstrong....