Thursday, September 08, 2005

Our School Our Savior

I want to first congratulate my sister and brother-in-law on getting the last of their four kids out of the house. Wow, what an accomplishment. I hope that they decide to go on a long overdue vacation where they can just kick back and laugh hysterically for a couple of weeks thinking about their enormous achievement.

Now for our family. Elle just went into Kindergarten at a new school and loves it. For the first time she is excited to get out of bed and go to school. This morning she walked into our bedroom with her clothes for the day, ready to get dressed. She loves her class, and loves her teachers. I think the big difference is that the class she was in at the previous school for the past 2 years had only 3 girls in it out of about 22 kids. Her class now is predominantly girls which makes daddy very very happy.

James has his orientation this morning for nursery and will start next week. I think he’ll be a little more difficult to deal with since this will be the (real) first time he’ll be in school. Last year we tried to put him in pre-nursery and it didn’t work out so we kept him home. For the most part, I think it was the school’s fault, not his. The school misled us and really wasn’t prepared to work with a child with a speech delay.

Two kids in school, that leaves only Peanut at home during the day which should make it a little easier on my wife, therefore making it easier for me. I think we will start to see a positive shift in behavior with Elle and James this year because they will be getting a lot of attention in school, attention that may have been slightly transferred to Peanut during the summer. We try our best to give each of our kids the same amount of attention, but for some reason it doesn’t always work out that way.

NEWS FLASH:
Robyn just called me and said that James’ orientation was a success. Proving me wrong once again, he didn’t want to leave school. He was having a blast. I can already see that our decision to switch schools is paying off.

No comments: