Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Little Bit of This and That

Oh, it’s been a few days since I typed something so here it goes. Life has been a little hectic lately. I have been traveling quite a bit this past month for my business and it doesn’t look like the end is in sight. I have to be back in Michigan next week and then it’s off to Philadelphia. The traveling puts a lot of added pressure on my wife and makes me feel terrible. I realize it’s something I need to do so that I can put food on the table but I still feel a little guilty. I never realized how exhausting traveling could be. As my company grows so will the traveling. It’s something that both my wife and I will have to get used to.

The past couple of mornings when I woke up I found that my son had climbed into Little Peanuts crib to play with her. It’s very cute but I’m not sure that I like it. My sister, I’m told, use to do the same thing with me. My oldest daughter is getting big. She’s five now and shooting up like a weed on a rainy day. I am in awe of the depth of conversation that I can have with her.

All is well at home with the exception of a few bumps. We love our house, but it’s starting to get a little tight. It’s a nice three bedroom house and last summer we added a beautiful deck. We are casually looking around for something bigger but we are being very specific in our search. I wish we could build, but it’s really not an option. Land isn’t available in the area where we are. The only way to get land is to buy the house with it and take it down. The whole process from start to finish would cost us approximately $570,000, that’s a little on the high end in our market and the taxes would be enormous, so I think we will hold out until something becomes available. We are looking for a house that has five bedrooms, dining room, family room, living room, big kitchen (obviously, my wife’s a good cook), central air, and a nice big basement. We are also looking for a house that has a carriage house in the back. I think that’s what is making our search more difficult. Even though Little Peanut is only 16 months, we would like to find a place that gives her the opportunity down the road to live on her own, but still be close to us. We realize that this is really thinking ahead, but we just don’t want to move again. I’m sure we’ll find something; it’s just a matter of time.

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

That is a tall order. Do you think Peanut will want to live in a house by herself?