Friday, July 08, 2005

My Two Cents: The Wife Speaks

As the Wife of BStrong, I would like to put my two cents in regarding our little Peanut. Over the last year our entire family and those who have been adopted into our family (the few individuals who have shown themselves to be there in easy times and thru the harder times), we have all experianced Little Peanuts strength, joy, and unbelievable stamina. We have all learned to look deep inside ourselves and others, to find the true meaning of self, selflessness, and friendship. The story, the day to day accomplishements, of Little Peanut are all precursors of greatness yet to come. We, as a family, are so proud of Little peanut. Her amazing strength, stamina, and never fail attitude are so admirable in such a young baby. To be only one and have to work so hard just to reach out of her comfort zone, yet the joy on her face when she does it is indescribable. She works so hard, never giving up, we all have so much more to learn from her. We love Little Peanut so much and can't wait to add more and more things to her list of accomplishments, and continue to watch her grow and thrive.
Today I saw a change in my children I could not believe. We were out at a museum and went to pet a lizard. There, in the room was a little boy with Cerebral Palsy, in a wheel chair. The other kids in the room were not going near him, choosing to sit on the other side of the room. But not my two. My two older kids did not even seem to notice the chair. They sat down right next to him and proceeded to pet the lizard alongside him. Even commenting to him "how cool" the lizard felt. I was so proud that my kids could look past the external to the individual. Who knew how much Little Peanut could change us in such a short time, I can't wait to see what else she teaches us...'cuz we sure do have a lot to learn.
Happy learning everyone....BStrongs Other Half (aka The wife)

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

Our son is an only child, so we really appreciate those siblings. We can tell a big difference between them and most other children, as far as comfort level, around our son. Although I have to say, our school system is doing a great job acculturating the children to being around those with special needs.